Courgette and Borettana Onion Flan
• Hugo Reitzel Borettana onions
• 2 courgettes
• 2 eggs
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 dl 35% mg cream
• Salt, fresh ground pepper
• Wash and then cut the courgettes into pieces. Cook in boiling salted water for fifteen minutes. Drain and return to the pan at medium heat until any remaining water completely evaporates.
• Add the Borettana onions, the cream, the eggs and the extra egg yolk. Put in the blender or mix in the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
• Butter the porcelain or metal flan moulds and pour in the mixture.
• Cook in a bain-marie by covering the bottom of a gratin dish with grease-proof paper and placing the flans on it, then pouring in boiling water to 2/3 of the height. The paper will stop the water boiling over into the flans.
• Put the gratin dish into the oven preheated to 130° C. Bake for thirty minutes or so. Check with the point of a knife to see if the flans are cooked. The blade should come out dry. The exact cooking time will depend on the size of the flan moulds.
• Let the flans rest before turning out. Serve warm with a salad.